Author Topic: Astronomy 2008 - La Palma, Spain  (Read 6378 times)

lightstorm

• View Profile
Astronomy 2008 - La Palma, Spain
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:37:25 AM »
Hi to all Users!

The astronomy trip to La Palma is going to be anounced soon. I am planning the trip with GEO Austria and it will start at the end of may 2008. Every european user of QHY should have the change to get to know each other and to talk about each others experiences. We will stay at "fincas" about 700 - 1000 meters above sea level.  This is half way to "Roques del muchachos" (one of the biggest observatories of the northern hemispheres). Informations and the programm will follow. I have planned a photoshop course about twice two hours. Astronomic friends from Austria will participate. So it could be really an interesting international meeting.
At la palma you have the best seeing in Europe! and vis. 7mag is normal. (So it is a must have to take images there (I will have my optic, mount and CCD with me))
So stay tuned! Hope to meet lots of astronomy friends there!
CS and have an nice day,
Christoph

Planck Division

• Planck Division
    • View Profile
    • Gredos Astrophotography Team
Re: Astronomy 2008 - La Palma, Spain
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 11:09:19 AM »
Hi Christoph:

Thats really an fantastic new  :D  Im very interested in an astrophoto trip to La Palma island and I also think that it could be an very exciting opportunity for QHY8/ ALccd6/ Luna 6 users from all around the world to meet each other and to share personally our experiencies for a couple of days. Perhaps, Mr. Qhiu would be also there to explain his great contribuition to the astro-ccd community and to make an "non comercial" presentation of the QHY11.... 8) that would be also an fine event....  ::)

Well, in any case let us know about the programm and dates of this great "International QHY CCds Users Workshop"  I will stay tuned to any information.

Greatings

CS William Alvarez
I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something. (Richard P. Feynman)