Author Topic: 2" filter wheel get crazy  (Read 1156 times)

laurent33

• View Profile
2" filter wheel get crazy
« on: September 25, 2011, 10:18:10 AM »
Dear all,
I have a problem with my 2" FW : when power on (RS unplugged) led flashes ones red, wheel begins to turn, but when the magnet arrives in front of the sensor (middle top of the board) the motor begins to slow down and make a strange noise , as if it was braked by something, what I checked but nothing seems to touch the wheel (and no friction is heard when rotated manually)
then the motor stops at the next filter thread in front of the hole, and the led flashes three time red.when I send order to change the filter , the filter wheel acts like previously described whatever the filter number I request.
Any idea for solution?
best regards from France,Laurent

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2" filter wheel get crazy
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 11:08:34 PM »
Hi Laurent,
Sorry for the late reply, but you posted in the wrong spot. This is solved problems..
Anyway, the operation is correct. It spins until it picks up the sensor position, where it slows down for a little bit, then spins at normal speed until it reaches position 1 then it stops.

If you then select the filter position it will spin to theat position.
I have found that EZYCap sometimes needs to be told 2 or 3 times initially to start the position movement. But after this its OK. But it happens every power re start.

Theo.

laurent33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 03:57:33 AM »
sorry Theo,
I looked first in solved issues in order to see if something can help me, and then posted without verifying where I was, but I wasnt able to move my post, may be an administrator can.
back to my FW issue, according to you, the power on behaviour seems to be correct (slow down for a while, then come back to normal speed before stop in front of the first filter). I realize my post wasnt clear enough about the filter changing issue: with the capture sw or with the available filter wheel tool calibration (sending order through serial link directly without going through the Qhy9) after sending order to change the filter thewheel never stops the led remains red, except if I request the first position, the FW acts as power on (led remains off).
regarding the led, it flashes ones red at power on, three times ref after resetting to first filter position ( no other coulour) , and remains red on continoiusly while wheels turns after sending new position, evarlastingly.
what can I do?
best regards
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:34:10 AM by laurent33 »

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:59:15 AM »
OK, first, try and do a factory reset on it usiing the calibration software for it..
It will also allow you to control the filter wheel position within it as well.
Failing this, try it on another PC that has a serial port. This will verify its a filter wheel or computer/softer issue.

Let us know when you try this..

Theo

laurent33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 08:57:16 AM »
Hi Theo,
Factor y settings were reset, nothing change. Then I tried with annoter PC with a genuine RS232(not an USB to serial one) : same behaviour : power seems good : rotation to the first filter. Then when I plug the serial, and ask for the first position with the fW tools SW, the FW is d oing one Turner and stops at the Wright place. Then when I ask for annoter position (not the 1), the Led light red continously immediately and the wheel rotate but neveu stops untel I input the power.
Help Will be welcome...
Best regards,
Laurent

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 05:06:54 AM »
Sounds like there may be something wrong with Unit.
its best to send it in for quick repair..
So open a fault ticket on the QHY home page here http://qhyccd.com/contact.html .

Should be fixed quickly..

Theo