Author Topic: QHYCCD driver for WINDOWS VISTA/7 64BIT here (EZCAP x64 version added)  (Read 47718 times)

sfastroman

• View Profile
Re: QHYCCD driver for WINDOWS VISTA/7 64BIT here (EZCAP x64 version added)
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2010, 11:30:01 AM »
Hi Theo,

I am having the same problem that Brad (Calloway Hyperstar) is having, except I'm using the QHY8Pro.  I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and Maxim DL 5.  The 64 bit driver that you have on the qhy site for download works well for EZCapp, but in Maxim, I can' t connect to the QHY8Pro.  I get the error message that Brad described.

Thanks, Glenn

callaway_hyperstar

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2010, 02:18:29 PM »
Hello,

Do you install the driver or just download it?    After installed the WINUSB driver can works.Otherwise the firware detector can not work.

Best regards,

Yes...I downloaded and installed correctly.

Brad

sfastroman

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2010, 02:58:54 PM »
Hi Tom,

I seem to have resolved the issue!   :)

Here is what I'm running:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit version
ASCOM 5.5 Platform with updates installed
Maxim DL Pro 5.08
Latest 64-bit ASCOM driver for the QHY8Pro

The 64-bit QHY8Pro driver installed correcly with no errors.
After installing everything and then opening MaximDL Pro 5.08 "QHY8Pro" appears on the list of cameras available for connection:  (See attachment: QHY8Pro-Select.jpg).

If you select the QHY8Pro camera and then try to connect you get the error as shown in the attachment (QHY8ProError1.jpg)

Do this instead:

From the drop down for camera selection, choose the ASCOM option. (see attachment:ASCOM-Select1.jpg).
After selecting ASCOM from the list of cameras, click on the "Advanced" button.  You will then get an ASCOM popup dialog that will allow you to choose the QHY8Pro camera.  (See attachment: ASCOM-Select1.jpg).

I was able to get the camera to connect and operational after making the above selection.

Hope this helps others with similar setups who are experiencing connection problems.

Cheers, Glenn

callaway_hyperstar

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2010, 03:27:40 PM »
Glenn,

Which version of ASCOM and Maxim  are you using?
Can you check the using another application that supports ASCOM, like e.g. PHD guiding to see if this application can connect to the camera.

Brad,

Do you also get the Access violation error in Maxim or only in the version checker.

would you be so kind to rasie this as an issue on http://www.astrosoft.be/bugtrack

regards
Tom

I have ASCOM Platform 5.5.1    MaximDL Pro 5.08  I tried to connect to PHD Guiding and my camera is not in the dropdown window. Tried to connect to Nebulosity and it says QHY8 camera not found. I get the Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000. error when I use the Driver Version Detector. When I connect to MaximDL I get the error message " Error opening camera. Could not initialize CCD camera(2)

I just tried to connect the camera as Glenn said he was able to do but it still wouldnt connect. In the ASCOM camera chooser the only camera available was the simulator.

I hope you can help.

Brad

sfastroman

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »
Hey Brad,

Try to reinstall the ASCOM QHY8 64 bit camera driver.  It seems to need to be installed at the end after everything else.

Good luck, Glenn

callaway_hyperstar

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2010, 04:28:34 PM »
Hey Brad,

Try to reinstall the ASCOM QHY8 64 bit camera driver.  It seems to need to be installed at the end after everything else.

Good luck, Glenn

Glenn,

Re-install....? I never had installed in the first place. I had no idea that there was an ASCOM QHY8 driver. :-[ I'm finally connected to MaximDL. Thank-you so much!  :)

sfastroman

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
Cool.  Glad that worked Brad!   :D

SlySi84

• View Profile
    • Email
Well I've already made a thread on the main Software Release and Development board but I may as well add my request as suggested by another member.

I and a few other people I know would greatly appreciate a 64bit driver for the QHY6, I saw the response in a previous message that says its not in the pipeline and there is no real possibility of scheduling it in but I would ask you to reconsider that.

I know the QHY6 is a lower end camera and probably not as popular as some of the other models out there but with 64bit technology becoming more readily available it would be a good idea to either include 64bit support for the camera or make it quite clear on the website that the QHY6 is a 32bit only camera. It would be alot less hassle for QHY and QHY stockists if people that want to buy your cameras can see it is going to work or not on their respective systems before going ahead and making the purchase.

Fortunately for me I have a 32bit system to run my camera on but there may be other people who are not so fortunate.

Cheers,
Simon.

rick

• View Profile
    • Nature & Astrophotography
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2010, 12:09:56 PM »
Hello,

I think, this would be the right topic.

I just want to ask if this is normal under win7 with new drivers:

I'm still getting this pattern with a little onion effect. Have I set something in QGVideo or what ??

Meanwhile I using also Win XP x86, where I installed my old drivers and everything is OK. I don't want to keep two OS just cause of one camera (I've tried also XP mode in Win7 of course) ...

This is capture from Win XP few minutes after that taken under win7. Both are stack of 155 frames in registax:

Thanks for any response.

Regards, Roman

8"/f5 Newton + 76/300 | EQ-5M |  TV Plossl 8mm
QHY5 mono passive cooled | filters visual R,B, Baader CCD R,G,ND,CaK, IR(760 and 950nm)
Panasonic FZ-18 |  macro 5:1| Tele 1.7x

Astrodan

• InterCamDeveloper
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2010, 08:08:04 AM »
Hello Roman,

Just a question, which of the two images do you prefer? 

As just a viewer, I believe there is much more detail in the first image even with the pattern effect. 

Second question:  Are you saying the Moire effect is not removed by changing the image to screen size?  Have you tried zooming in or out a little?

BTW, nice Jupiter.   ;)

Dan

rick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2010, 03:13:27 AM »
Hi,

I prefer the second one. That pattern makes sharpening very difficult. I can make much better images without that pattern. The first one is little bit more detailed, but just because of better seeing condition during capturing.

I don't fully understand the second question. You think about focal lenght, or resampling image after processing? This two images are 3x resampled, to show that "noise" pattern. Onion effect was visible before processing, on the video.
QHY5 mono passive cooled | filters visual R,B, Baader CCD R,G,ND,CaK, IR(760 and 950nm)

rick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2010, 12:08:54 PM »
That's the point. On XP I using old drivers, which giving my good results. But after installing Win 7 x64 I downloaded new drivers from astrosoft.be and QGVideo gives pics like this. It cannot by processed as good as in Win XP ...  I using only QGVideo.

Regards

naavis

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2010, 03:57:34 AM »
I'm using Windows Vista (32-bit) and am currently suffering from this "raster issue" too. If it works in XP but not in Vista/7, it apparently is a driver issue, which is sort of a relief for me, since it means my QHY5 is probably not broken after all. There's a short thread about this, but no solution yet: http://qhyccd.com/ccdbbs/index.php?topic=2336.0
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 07:36:42 AM by naavis »

garymck

• View Profile
Re: QHYCCD driver for WINDOWS VISTA/7 64BIT problems !
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2010, 04:11:00 AM »
Hi,

I have some problems with the QHY8 Driver...Using Windows Ultimate 7 64bit

I have in order:
installed the latest ascom.
installedQHY8drv64
Installed QHY8 Ascom Driver
Installed QHY8 ASCOM Driver StarSenseSci V1.3

Connected QHY8 unpowered.

Drivers seems to instalI correctly.

The problems now start.

I use both Nebulosity 2 and MaximDL to acquire images. If I start Nebulosity and connect as an Ascom camera/QHY8 the program connects correctly and functions perfectly. If I then exit Nebulosity and start Maxim, Maxim says connected, but if I image, all that is downloaded (no matter what the offset or gain) I get nothing but a black image. If I then go back to Nebulosity and connect again, everything seems to connect properly but I get a pure black image again. The only ciue is to re boot and start the computer again....

Conversely.....

If I start imaging in Maxim, everything is fine, switching to Nebulosity brings on the black image, switching back to Maxim gives the black image again. The only cure is to reboot the computer.

In summary, whatever imaging program is started first works fine, switching to another causes problems, and switching back does not cure things. Only a re boot does that.

The Starsensensesci Drivers when selected as an Ascom camera seem to connect, but hang in downloading an image no matter what program is being used.

Help much appreciated......

cheers
Gary

QiuHY

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2010, 02:14:32 AM »
Hello,

QHY8 ASCOM driver V1.3 has a problem when work with nebulosity.(But in single use of MAXIMDL it has no this issue)  Now it is solved in V1.5. Please try it again. It is not the camera driver but the ASCOM QHY8.

Best regards,