Author Topic: QHYCCD driver for WINDOWS VISTA/7 64BIT here (EZCAP x64 version added)  (Read 50477 times)

TVDEEDE

Re: QHYCCD driver for WINDOWS VISTA/7 64BIT here (EZCAP x64 version added)
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2010, 09:13:51 AM »
Hi Subaru,

thanks for the update.
Let me know if you encounter this problem again.  Most devices will lose connected when the connection breaks for wharever reason. 

regards

Tom

iascar

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2010, 08:51:41 AM »
Hi Qiu and Tom,

I tried to install all drivers to my new Windows 7 machine. I was successful with the QHY5 and QHY8 and both cameras are recognized by the system and running via ASCOM under Maxim and PHD-Guiding.

I now still have some remaining problems:

CCDCap 2.6.2 does not recognize any camera, even when listed in the device manager as running without problems. I always find only "Rescan for camera" in the pulldown menu of CCDCap. Any idea?

I cannot install my QHY6-255 neither with the system driver nor via ASCOM. System driver (QHY6Drv) runs without problems, but when I plug in the camera the laptop tries to install drivers but does not find a proper one. I am using the latest drivers from Toms Website.
I tried the install tool, but no QHY6 driver has been found, only QHY5 and QHY8.

When trying to install the QHY6ASCOMSetup I receive the message "ASCOM Platform 5 required". I am running ASCOM 5.5.1, so I don't know, what to do.

Any hints?

Best regards

Carsten

TVDEEDE

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2010, 12:12:15 PM »
Carsten,

there should be an ew version of CCDCap shortly that will work with the new drivers and solve some of the issues in the latest versions.

About ASCOM, this is somehow a bug in the ascom system.  The routines copy feom their setup lyout files and should work for version 5 up to 6.
I have removed this check in all other drivers.  I'll so st similar for the QHY6 then so it can still work under 5.5.1
Removing this check will however cause possible issues when 6.0 is rolled out and V2.0 of the camera specs become active so I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

regards
tom

tony8gj

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2010, 10:10:10 PM »
Will these drivers enable the QHY8 color to work with CCDSoft v5? Or, should I stick with Tom's LIBUSB sys drivers the LIBUSB CCDSoft plugin?

iascar

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2010, 10:19:43 AM »
Tom,

thanks for the feedback. So I will wait for a new version of CCDCap and a new ASCOM driver for the QHY6.

I still then have the problem, that the system driver for the QHY6 is not found by the system, even if QHY6Drv has run without errors. May this problem be linked to the specific version of the camera (QHY6-255)?

Best regards

Carsten

NocturnalOne

• View Profile
    • Carpe Photon
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2010, 07:29:24 AM »
Get better soon Tom
All the best,

Sander

Takahashi EM-400 - Edge HD 1100 - HyperStar 3 - WO M110 - FR-III/TRF 2008
QHY-8, DSI, DSI-Pro, IMG0H mono, PC164 video
PixInsight, Nebulosity, DeepSkyStacker, PaintShopPro X2, PHD

TVDEEDE

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2010, 08:23:50 AM »
Carsten,

just uploaded a new driver installation file for the QHY6.  This file will install on ASCOM 5.5.1.  appart from that the driver is exactly the very same version of the earlier one.

regards

Tom

iascar

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2010, 03:31:23 PM »
Tom,

thanks again, this ASCOM - Driver installs without error messages now.

Sadly I cannot test it on the target hardware, because the QHY6 still is not being recognized from my Windows7 machine. I tried the same system driver under VISTA on another PC, and the camera is recognized without problems. So this seems to be an effect from Windows7 and not from the camera.

Any ideas regarding this last remaining issue?

Regards

Carsten

TVDEEDE

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2010, 10:57:37 PM »
Carsten,

your Win7 system is 32 bit right?
If 64 bit, the QHY6 will indeed not work as there are no 64bit capable drivers fo this camera.
On a 32bit system, there should be no problem using the QHY6 with the normal drivers.
CCDCap 2.7 will be released in teh next weeks and should accepts all the latest drivers dor the cameras.
Older camera drivers will no longer work with 2.7 then.

regards

Tom

iascar

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2010, 04:18:25 PM »
Tom,

thats the explanation then. Of course my Windows 7 is a 64 bit version. So you think, there is no chance using the QHY6 on this system? I would really regret this, as I would have to use another Computer just to use the QHY6-255.
 ???

Probably Qiu could offer a 64 bit system driver sometime?

Best regards

Carsten

michastro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2010, 01:14:48 PM »
Any hope to have a 64bit driver for QHY6?  :'(

Thanks

TVDEEDE

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2010, 05:17:21 PM »
Hi,

as per previous message, QHY6 64 bit drivers are not in the pipeline for now.
I currently don't see a possibility to schedule this my planning.
Anyway if it can be done soon, it will be released with the on the next release date (this date still has to be picked), but should occur quarterly.

regards
Tom

callaway_hyperstar

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2010, 04:52:37 PM »
Hello,

Im having a problem with the driver for QHY8. Im running Windows 7 64 bit and trying to connect the camera to MaximDL Pro. I downloaded QHY8Drv64.zip. Is this the correct driver? Im able to connect the simulator but not the QHY8. I also tried to use the Firmware version detecter and I get the following error. Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.

Thanks,
Brad

QiuHY

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2010, 07:24:53 PM »
Hello,

Do you install the driver or just download it?    After installed the WINUSB driver can works.Otherwise the firware detector can not work.

Best regards,

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »
Did you install correctly ?.
Did wondows ask to install the drivers ?, or any errors come up ?.
Did you install the Ascom drivers ?, and is Ascom platform loaded/installed, and what is the version ?..

Theo.