I bought QHY9 over 4 months and finished solve the moisture problem in this June. I tested over 7 times at observation places in Taiwan. I only successfully shot one image in the passed 7 nights. At the other midnight time, I debuged the most serious five problems and try to recover them over night.
I breif write the 5 serious problems:
1. Color filter wheel (CFW): the #2 sites cannot be catch. When I choice #2 filter, the CFW runs continually without stop until I de-plug 12V power. Is any solution? Other sites are working well. So I drop site #2 in the CFW function. Another small issue is that if the battery voltage less than 10.6V, the CFW cannot park the site #1 correctly, it parked between #5 and #1 location.
2. How to uninstall old driver 0903? Because I use 0906 to recover the 0902 files but when I enter the EZCap v1.2, there is warning message in memory allocation fail. Another smaller issue: the EZCap and MaxImDL cannot be compatible each other. I cannot open at these 2 softwares in the same time. Is the driver inconsistant issue?
3. Reading and downloading stop in ASCOM system: It only found at MaxImDL v5.07. When I use QHY5 + PHP + Temma ASCOM as the autoguide system, the QHY9 download will be halt. I used relay box to solve this problem. In another halt case is the shutter, if the shutter is not function well, the MaxIm instruction sending/ data downlaod will be stopped. I can solve by unplug USB and power line to reset it. I also used a tape to hold the shutter to keep open mode. But, in some times, if the shutter moves a little bit via the wind blowing or a few vibration (my hand operate DSLR shuttle) on the telescope, the QHY9 will happen some data download problem. How could I solve this uncerntain reading/download problem?
4. The sensitivity is lower than DSLR like 300D/450D. When I exposure 15min in same nebula, the DSLR image can easily find the dark nebula cloud but QHY9 don't find. QHY9 only show the fewer stars in the screen and no nebula cloud. I don't think I set the correct the QHY9 parameters in MaxImDL. Could guys kindly share the setting in MaxImDL? Here is my QHY9 ASCOM setup parameters: Gain 91%, offset 60 or 100; low speed; no USB acitivities when reading; no clamp. Subtract the sub frame with 59.
5. EZCap saved FITS/BMP files are only 3 Kbytes. So I cannot use the files in other software. I reviewed the threads in this forum. It may be the driver incompatible issue.