Author Topic: QHY 8 problem  (Read 2321 times)

Pink

• View Profile
QHY 8 problem
« on: May 24, 2009, 08:03:11 AM »
Hi to all QHY8 users,
I just got one severe problem:
Yesterday I was checking my qhy8 after a long time and all worked well, using CCD Cap on my Notebook. But today ,after opening CCDCap and checking the camera button, there is only the message :rescan for camera. What is wrong ???
The same problem occurs when I use the camera with another Notebook ( netbook ) . The green indicating LED in the camera is on after connecting with the USB cable.
With Maxim DL the camera cannot be connected ,too.
This is the first malfunction of the camera since I bought it 2 years ago.
Any help welcome
Peter

QiuHY

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: QHY 8 problem
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:32:44 AM »
Hello,

To view our repair records, The USB can not connection has some possible:

1. USB socket is loose
2. USB cable is damaged
3. The camera had drop to ground then the crystal is damaged
4. There is some water inside and cause certain of the PCB wire damaged.

Please check it these possibles.

Best regards,

TVDEEDE

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 12:48:05 AM »
Peter,

Do you have any other cameras connected to this PC?  Did you install any specific updates of drivers or software?

First you need to find if the camera is recognized by the OS.  Just disconnect the camera, open up the device manager and then connect the camera
If you have a sound card, you should hear a device connect sound, followed by a device disconnect sount, followed again by a device connect sound.
At that point you should be able to retrieve the device information from the device manager

If not, the camera or the USB port or the USB cable could be broken,
if the camera is listed, there is a driver installation issue somewhere (this is the best case scenarion)

regards
Tom

fetoma

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 07:12:20 PM »
Make sure the S-video cable isn't installed backwards. The metal piece on one end is longer than the other. The longer one goes into the camera.

Frank

PTS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 07:16:00 PM »
Make sure the S-video cable isn't installed backwards. The metal piece on one end is longer than the other. The longer one goes into the camera.

Frank

Peter,
yes, i believe it is the S-video cable that is the source of the problem.  The original cable does not connect well with the camera/power split unit.  I changed the cable and the problems goes.
Another source may be the power supply.  Please check it rating, esp. the voltage.

PTS