Author Topic: Random band noise QHY-9  (Read 9660 times)

thierry31

• View Profile
Re: Random band noise QHY-9
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2009, 09:31:34 AM »
hello,

i have tried with ezcap, the band still's here but very fade

QiuHY

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 09:31:46 PM »
Hello,
         I still think you are not installl the last firware correctly. The windows may not use the firware in windows/system32/drivers. It depent on the first time you install driver, which folder you let system find it. Maybe you let the system find the driver in the
software package folders.  Do you test the 0sec exposure?

Best regards,

thierry31

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 04:53:39 AM »
Hi QiuHY,
I dont understand, i copy another time the firmware (same date and same size) in the folder windows\system32\drivers and all seems work fine now.
i m sure that i have made that yet

no matter, if all is good

thanks for all

Thierry

QiuHY

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 08:40:30 AM »
Hello,

That's good .Seems the problem solved. The camera should be re-connect after you overwrite the driver.Each time when camera connect to computer the firware will download the firware from computer to the camera. Maybe last time
you have not reconnect the camera after you overwrite the drivers.

Best regards,

raxxla

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 09:05:37 AM »
Hello,

I'm having the random horizontal banding issue in both dark and light frames.
Also the dark frame seems divided into two zones by this band, one with narrow black stripes running down to the bottom and one (the upper) with no such stripes.
I shot 16 600s dark frames today and the banding is in all of them but drifts up and down and so remains in my master dark.
I also discoverd the banding in 600s light frames shot at a dark sky 15 days ago.
I use QHY9 v3.3 drivers (the latest that are on the QHYCCD front web page) and Tom's ASCOM 1.5.5.0 driver (also found in the link in the front QHYCCD web page).
I use WindowsXP, MaximDL, Gain=0, Offset=115, Overscan correction, all other settings at default.
I have not tweaked the fine tuning at all.
I tried to find the QHY9FW.sys file on my computer and replace it by the one you gave in a previous post but there's no such file (does not exist in v3.3 drivers)?
It is not a power supply issue because I shot the darks at home with a 12v power supply unit and the lights with my car's battery.

What is going on?

Best regards
Ilias

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 06:19:29 AM »
Make sure you have "No USB during readout" ticked (selected) in the camera properties.
See how you go then.

Theo