Author Topic: Qhy8 Pro  (Read 4908 times)

JoeM

• View Profile
    • Email
Qhy8 Pro
« on: September 10, 2008, 10:52:15 AM »
Hi,
Forgive my impatience, but, any new estimates on when the camera will be released. Also, it appears that there has been issues with the Qhy8 frosting up. Have there been any such issues with the Pro in testing?

Joe

QiuHY

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Qhy8 Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 06:55:56 AM »
Hello,

The QHY8PRO is under production. In this month we will show the prototypes here. It is fully airproof with argon filled, no frosting problems.

The original QHY8 camera is also no frosting problems with its cold finger(even in a 90% RH conditions)  The air inside the QHY8 can be dry at first by store
it into a airproof box with electric silicon gel.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:17:25 AM by QiuHY »

MickB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 11:44:28 AM »
Hi There Qui, Mike in the UK here,looking forward to the release of he new HY8Pro. Can you confirm whether there will be RAM memory on board. My worry is streaks on the image download due to interrupts during the USB transfer. The IXC 453 is still an interline ccd using progressive scanning rather than interlaced scanning. After each vertical column is transferred to the serial register how do you deal with residue electron/hole trapping. Do you use a gated bias to wipe down the vertical tranfer registers thus keeping these registers totaly free of residual charge during the next frame exposure period,I see electronic shuttering has been mentioned - if so how does this work. 

Regards,Mike

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 12:36:09 AM »
As mentioned elsewhere, the latest drivers has eliminated the white specks caused by the USB issue.
I dont have issues with this and as others have said, it has fixed any they may have had.

The electronic shutter, is just a term, meaning it uses an internal function within the ccd to prevent any further exposure accumulating. This is where the interlace version has problems, as one filed still has sensitivity to light.

Theo

Hagar

• View Profile
    • Images from SE Australia
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 04:09:45 PM »
Hi There Qui, Mike in the UK here,looking forward to the release of he new HY8Pro. Can you confirm whether there will be RAM memory on board. My worry is streaks on the image download due to interrupts during the USB transfer. The IXC 453 is still an interline ccd using progressive scanning rather than interlaced scanning. After each vertical column is transferred to the serial register how do you deal with residue electron/hole trapping. Do you use a gated bias to wipe down the vertical tranfer registers thus keeping these registers totaly free of residual charge during the next frame exposure period,I see electronic shuttering has been mentioned - if so how does this work. 

Regards,Mike

I don't know anything about the technical side of the CCD but I can assure you the new drivers, when used with Nebulosity as a capture program do not exhibit the downlad artifacts that were present in the past.  Well done Tom.

GSO

• View Profile
    • Grampian Stars
Qhy8 Pro release
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 04:33:58 AM »
G'day Y'all
Roll on September
QHY8PRO with the gas fill  looks to be my first venture into a dedicated ccd for a remote observatory  ;D
(dsi pro will be the guide cam)  ::)

How much $$  ;)
Robert  37° 11' 32.5" S 142° 36' 45.5" E
|LX200GPS12|Mitty Wedge|GPDX-SS2K|ED80|ZS80|MI500F & CDK17 wannabe|

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 04:46:42 AM »
Depending on your location, the cost will vary slightly due to VAT tax in europe and elsewhere.
Best to talk to your local distributer.
Or say where your from and some one will give you the contact details for the re seller.

Theo.

JRock457

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 10:53:03 AM »
Does anyone know if any of the U.S. distributors will be carrying the QHY8 Pro? 

I tried asking CCD-Labs and have not received a answer from them.  My experience with them is they will only answer questions that they feel will benefit them and not the customers.  Also, there has been no mention from Starizona that they will be carrying the QHY8 Pro. 

Any advice how I can get a hold of a QHY8 Pro when it becomes available because the two American distributors are not being very helpful.

QiuHY

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 06:44:31 PM »
Hello,

The starizona will sell this camera. And QHY8PRO is very suitable for the Hyperstar system. QHY8PRO is sepcially designed for this application.

Best regards,

JRock457

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 04:02:25 PM »
Thanks QiuHY,

I just got a confirmation email from Starizona stating what you just said.  I am very excited about the new camera because it is going to do everything that I need it to do.  So now it is just a matter of deciding if I want to buy the QHY9 or QHY8 Pro. 

In everyone's opinion what is better for h-alpha imaging.  I have seen some great images done with the QHY8 and a h-alpha filter but I always hear that it is better to get a mono censor for h-alpha imaging.  What is the disadvantage, if there is one, of getting a color censor and imaging in the h-alpha wave length?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy 

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 10:32:51 PM »
Mono is better than colour, plus your resolution will be better, and images sharper.
Sensitivity is also better on the mono, as you will not lose any light thru the debayer filter.

Theo