QHYCCD

Update Check failing

Update Check failing
« on: July 04, 2018, 01:22:35 pm »
I was able to successfully install my LII guider last year after several complicated  install procedures.  I installed the version of update check to get my QHY 16200A working, but UpdateCheck doesn't work at all.  It doesn't show any drivers and pressing the button to check the update makes it crash.  I'm running win7 64-bit.

I will continue to go through the install procedure, but please let me know if Update Check is necessary to get my QHY 16200A working. 

EDIT: I followed the default instructions and things seem to be working (though update check does not).  I can take exposures, filter wheel moves correctly, the LII guider works when hooked into the USB plugs on the camera.  One quick thing: does the camera have a temperature setpoint? Or does it just cool to the minimum temp possible?  Just need to be sure I am putting in the filters with the right washers/screws posted in hardware section.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 01:27:22 pm by deepsky2002ca »

Re: Update Check failing
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 08:28:44 pm »
Hi,
    Whether your UpdateCheck has issue suddenly or has this issue all the time?
    And you just need install QHY16200A driver:http://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/latestSoftAndDirver/Driver/QHY16200ADriverLatestEdition.zip
    Here is some software you maybe need use:
    ASCOM:http://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/latestSoftAndDirver/Soft/QHYCCDASCOM-Capture-StarSenseSciLatestEdition.zip
    EZCAP_QT:http://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/latestSoftAndDirver/Soft/EZCAP_QTLatestEdition.zip
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 01:21:44 pm »
Thank you QinXiaoXu!

I believe Update Check previously was working on my computer because I remember I needed to use to get the QHY5L-II working.

I've installed the software from just the zip files and the QHY 16200A camera seems to be working at my desk (exposure, cooling, filter wheel, USB connection to guider) so things look good.

One quick thing, I can't seem to find the "Temperature Set Point" anywhere in MaximDL now....the QHY manual recommends not cooling at 100% (MaximDL has a nice "warm up" feature" for shutting down but I think it applies 100% cooling when turning on). Perhaps I just forgot where the right button was, but is there a recommended way to turn on the cooler in maxim dl?

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 08:31:46 pm »
Hi,
    Because our official server had some issue last days,we have solve the most of issues,but there still are some issues, UpdateCheck is one of them.We will as soon as faster solve it,and release a new version.
    And about MDL cooler function,you can see the attactment picture.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 11:23:52 pm »
Yes the cooler button is working fine, I don't know why I didn't see it the first time; sorry for such a stupid question.

I do see that every time I plug the camera in, there is some device the camera that gets recognized as new but with no driver.  I also see that the QHY 5LII guider seems to get reinstalled every time. And finally I see that I get a connection error *unless* I go into the the advanced window where I can set the offset/gain; once I do that I can connect to the QHY5LII fine (it is plugged into the 16200A).

Is there a device that the system should be installing?

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 01:43:42 am »
And just wanted to add a screenshot of driver check failing (it shows no drivers on startup and if you click "update" it only gets to 50% before it crashes.

artem

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 01:33:27 pm »
I have the same problem with UPDATE CHECK; at 50% it just stops to work and no errors are shown..
I habe QHY183C CCD..

Regards

Martin

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 09:50:07 pm »
Hi,
    The UpdateCheck issue is because of our server IP,this software need visit server to get newest version,but our server have some issues series days ago,we modified it,but its IP has been changed,so software can't get newest version and will crash.We will modify this software and release a new version.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 09:52:25 pm »
    And for your 5II driver issue,you reinstall 5II camera driver to check if can solve this issue,and you can update camera's driver in device manager.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

artem

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 11:27:24 am »
Hi,
    The UpdateCheck issue is because of our server IP,this software need visit server to get newest version,but our server have some issues series days ago,we modified it,but its IP has been changed,so software can't get newest version and will crash.We will modify this software and release a new version.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

Thank you, we will wait for the newer version of UpdateCheck

Regards

Martin

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 11:22:42 pm »
Hi,
    I update a new version UpdateCheck,you can download it to check if it can work normally.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

artem

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 12:50:50 pm »
Hi,
    I update a new version UpdateCheck,you can download it to check if it can work normally.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

YES it works now.. thank you

Martin