QHYCCD

QHY 16200A CFW7 - Installing filters

QHY 16200A CFW7 - Installing filters
« on: July 04, 2018, 12:17:45 pm »
Just purchased a QHY16200A CFW7 and putting in my filters.

I somehow found a pdf of the manual, the link on the web page doesn't work:
http://198.11.176.239/file/repository/PDF/CameraManual/QHY16200A_Manual_EN.pdf

It is difficult to tell which screws/washers I need to use for the filters.  This basic instruction isn't in the version of the manual I found.

Can I get some help?

ZY

Re: QHY 16200A CFW7 - Installing filters
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 09:23:29 pm »
Hi,
Sorry for that, you can download the file in the following website:

http://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/PDF/CameraManual/QHY16200A_Manual_EN.pdf

Best Regards!
zy

Just purchased a QHY16200A CFW7 and putting in my filters.

I somehow found a pdf of the manual, the link on the web page doesn't work:
http://198.11.176.239/file/repository/PDF/CameraManual/QHY16200A_Manual_EN.pdf

It is difficult to tell which screws/washers I need to use for the filters.  This basic instruction isn't in the version of the manual I found.

Can I get some help?

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 01:26:21 pm »
Thanks Zy!
Is there a picture/movie that could provide more detail on how to install the filters? The manual is a little short on this. Is there a good way to check the installation is correct? It seems some people were having trouble here with the wheel sensor etc.

There are many different screw lengths/washer diameters (I can't remember but 1.5mm 2.0 mm etc.) just a little confused as to which one to use.

ZY

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 10:05:04 pm »
Hi,

There is no more information for the installation.
And you can post some picture of your camera for us and tell me which screws you want to know.

Best Regards!
zy

Thanks Zy!
Is there a picture/movie that could provide more detail on how to install the filters? The manual is a little short on this. Is there a good way to check the installation is correct? It seems some people were having trouble here with the wheel sensor etc.

There are many different screw lengths/washer diameters (I can't remember but 1.5mm 2.0 mm etc.) just a little confused as to which one to use.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 01:09:21 pm »
I believe we use the 5mm screws to secure the filters, is this correct?  What are the other 0.5mm, 1.5mm, 2mm ones used for?

Does the assembly look correct?

ZY

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 11:50:23 pm »
Hi,

I do not know  which filter you use now. The photo shows your filter have the mount, and the filter wheel have M48 thread , so you can directly thread the 2 inch mount filter in the hole without the screws .
 The screws is used for the unmounted filter and the value on the shows the filter thickness that the screws can assemble.

Best Regards!
zy

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 12:42:54 am »

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 01:32:52 pm »
Just to be sure, the filters look mounted in my picture but they are not (it's just a painted outside, no thread), so I believe I will need to use the washers:

(link to the Ha filter in the picture: http://www.customscientific.com/astronomy.html)

Please consider incorporating the information from the CN thread into an updated page in the manual.  The plastic bags did provide a template assembly, but it would be nice to see a diagram to make sure that

I will play with things a bit more, but I don't think my washers have enough diameter to sit over the filter.

EDIT: I see the problem now, in the CN thread the poster has large clear plastic washer sitting on "top" of the filter.  My camera did not come with those, only small red ones.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:45:47 pm by deepsky2002ca »

ZY

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 08:35:44 pm »
Hi,

I am sorry for that, I do not know why you did not get the complete accessories. But we will post a complete set to you. Can you tell me your detailed address and your relevant information?

zy
Best Regards!

Just to be sure, the filters look mounted in my picture but they are not (it's just a painted outside, no thread), so I believe I will need to use the washers:

(link to the Ha filter in the picture: http://www.customscientific.com/astronomy.html)

Please consider incorporating the information from the CN thread into an updated page in the manual.  The plastic bags did provide a template assembly, but it would be nice to see a diagram to make sure that

I will play with things a bit more, but I don't think my washers have enough diameter to sit over the filter.

EDIT: I see the problem now, in the CN thread the poster has large clear plastic washer sitting on "top" of the filter.  My camera did not come with those, only small red ones.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 01:06:51 am »
Happy to send address in PM, can you confirm that we do need the larger clear washers that are seen in the Cloudy Nights thread I linked to for the FW7 (the one in the thread is FW5).

ZY

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 08:24:36 pm »
Hi,

For the thick filter , the plastic washers may have a good performance.

Best Regards!
zy

Happy to send address in PM, can you confirm that we do need the larger clear washers that are seen in the Cloudy Nights thread I linked to for the FW7 (the one in the thread is FW5).

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 10:02:34 pm »
Ok I sent the address to mail the washers PM. Can you confirm that you received it?

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 01:19:42 am »
Any luck getting the PM?
Can you provide an email for me to send my mailing address to receive the washers?

ZY

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 08:46:35 pm »
Hi,

I have transfered your information to my colleague. He will post these to you. And I will post the relevant information to you by the PM.

Best Regards!
zy

Any luck getting the PM?
Can you provide an email for me to send my mailing address to receive the washers?

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 11:21:55 pm »
Thank you!