QHYCCD

Polemaster Adapter ring(s) alignment?

Polemaster Adapter ring(s) alignment?
« on: May 15, 2018, 05:53:31 pm »
Just got my Polemaster and adapter (CGEM, EQ6, etc.) .. When placing the two rings together (the one for the back of the camera and one for the mount) after tightening the thumb screw at the top, the two rings are totally not aligned. Once the thumb screw is tightened, the camera side ring sits "lower" vs. the mount side ring.  I've adjusted the two recessed set screws such that when I tighten the thumb screw all sides are aligned and I'm still able to get the camera ring out (there is a lip on the inside such that if the set screws are too tight won't allow the camera side ring to come off).

Should I have had to go through all this? Is it critical that those two rings be aligned?  I would think that keeping everything centered on the mount's alignment to Polaris would be important?  Also, there are four holes to screw the mount side ring on, but I only received two screws with the allen wrench, which two are the best to use..  Nothing mentions any of this on the Polemaster PDF.  :-(

Appreciate any help anyone can provide.  I'm new to the Polemaster.

Thanks in advance.
Jay S.
Jay S.

ZY

Re: Polemaster Adapter ring(s) alignment?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 09:34:46 pm »
Hi,

It is important but not so strict that those two rings be aligned, but you should try best to align them.
There are four holes,but only two have thread, only two can twist screws. It is constrained by the space so only two screws can be used.

Best Regards!
zy

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 12:04:06 am »
Hi,

It is important but not so strict that those two rings be aligned, but you should try best to align them.
There are four holes,but only two have thread, only two can twist screws. It is constrained by the space so only two screws can be used.

Best Regards!
zy

Zy,

Thanks for the reply. Mine was very badly out of alignment when I would tighten the thumb screw. It is very very close now, but the inner "lip" that the screws fit behind make it difficult to get it perfect and still be able to separate the two rings.

Thank you again.

Jay S.
Jay S.

ZY

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:51:12 pm »
Hi,

you can use the screwdriver to screw the two jackscrews and the handscrew to align and tighten.

Best regards!
zy

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 01:21:17 pm »
Hi,

you can use the screwdriver to screw the two jackscrews and the handscrew to align and tighten.

Best regards!
zy

Zy,

Yes, thank you.. That is what I did.  I used a small screwdriver to get the best alignment I could between the two rings, but still allow be to take the camera side ring out when not in use.  The "lip" inside the Mount side ring won't allow you to take off the camera side ring if the two smaller screws are too tight.  I don't want to screw the three long screws through the camera to the mount every time I use it.  I want to be able to loosen the thumbscrew on the mount side ring, then remove the camera with its ring still attached.  I hope I'm being clear.

Thank you again.
Jay S.
Jay S.

ZY

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 10:08:37 pm »
Hi,

I understand your meaning,  What we do is try to do our best to meet customers' requirement, but I could not be able to give your solution for your requirement. Align them accurately and conveniently remove them is conflict.

Best regards!
zy