QHYCCD

QHY 163M crashing while downloading an image

QHY 163M crashing while downloading an image
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:12:04 pm »
I bought a  QHY163M a few months ago from Cyclops optic, but haven't had a chance to use it until now.  The issue I'm having is every program I try is crashing when taking an image.   I created a shared google drive with details of the drivers, OS, memory dumps, etc. :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GZVGjihS9agu9bKZvuXbbPWcy5QZ9OyL

Here are some details, as well:
Drivers:
QHY163M  16-11-18
ASCOM Capture Driver  0.1.51.15
ASCOM Platform  6.3
NativeWDM   1.0.4.0
Broadcast Driver  2.0.0.0

Laptop details:
Windows 7 Home Premium
7601 Service Pack 1

The camera is crashing when using Sequence Generator Pro (latest version),  PHD2, and EZCap (v 0.1.51.6)
Here are the troubleshooting steps I've taken:
different USB cables 2.0 and 3.0
Uninstalling all ASCOM drivers and reinstalling / rebooting
Setting USB from 0 to 60 in the ASCOM driver
Adjusting the gain/offset settings to 0 and 11 as outlined in the PDF manual. 
Setting gain/offset to the default DSO value of 174/77, after trying 0/11
Unplugging the 12v from cooling
Powered USB hub
restarting multiple times.

Everything I've tried hasn't helped.  When I tried running the ASCOM diagnostic tool, an error message was generated.
There's a screencap in the google share drive I linked above (file: ascom-diagnostics.png)

Help!
Thanks,
Matt

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:35:13 pm by mosentos »

jd2

Re: QHY 163M crashing while downloading an image
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 11:17:13 pm »
Hello Matt,

I can't offer too much help and sorry it being the weekend the QHY fellows are off duty.  I noticed  you have an HP laptop that supports USB2.0 and there are a lot of posts regarding slow or even sluggish USB ports that causes crashes to occur. Qiu often notes this and also there are a few threads of folks who bump of the power of their USB ports with a powered hub a PCMCIA USB card and that has solved it from a voltage deficiency issue.  There is a method via Microsoft to also check and allocate the % of power for each of the ports on your laptop from the Universal Serial Buss controller area accessed via Device Manager.  Here is a link to that.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772242(v=ws.11).aspx

Sorry I can't be  more of a help and you probably already checked these things out anyway but hope you can get this ironed out soon.

JD2

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 10:48:30 am »
Thanks for the reply.  I was starting to wonder about the USB 2.0 too.  I think I'll give the PCMCIA card a try and see if that helps.  I'll also play around with the voltages.  Great link, btw!

Thanks again for the tips!
Matt
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:54:46 am by mosentos »

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 04:36:41 am »
Hello Matt,

We have a USB analyze software which can help us to locate the problem. We can do a remote assistant and we will copy this software to you desktop to try it.  You can use a teamview and tell us the password and ID. You can send email to lch@qhyccd.com

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun