QHYCCD

New QHY163M, no storage case

New QHY163M, no storage case
« on: November 14, 2017, 06:24:35 am »
Hi,

I just received my new camera! Frustratingly, the filter wheel is on back order. :( Also, a buddy has this camera and it came in a hard shell storage case. Mine came in paper! Why? I ordered from High Point and only have received one box but I doubt its in the other box. Can I order a case that is precut for this camera?

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New QHY163M, no storage case
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 08:30:15 am »
Hello,

About half years before we have changed the black storage case to the new designed white paper box. The reason is that many people like the new box of the QHY16200A because it looks very nice.  The black storage box is hard but looks not nice. You know people always like nice things, like the apple iphone box. So we changed it according the comment of the users.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 09:19:44 am »
Do you still have any of the plastic boxes I could order? If not, Iíll get a Pelican. I need the filter wheel first to ensure that it all fits.

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 09:23:31 am »
Hello,

We will check tomorrow that if there is the exact the same model. We may have some left but have to check.
Do you need the same size of the previous one?

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 10:51:26 am »
It has been a while since I saw my buds. I donít remember if the filter wheel fits in it or not. Iím not sure if its not recommended, but I had planned to store them connected in the case.

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 05:52:36 am »
Hello,
       I do not think the QHY163M's case can hold the QHYCFW together, You need to use a bigger one.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 02:20:47 pm »
I ordered a hard case from a 3rd party or non Pelican, and the design is amazing, it is a bit big that i can include the camera and the filter wheel, i ordered it from eBay, and sounds it is out of stock now and i don't see it back in stock any recent time.

I wish to buy same case if available, but i am planning to buy another hard case not Pelican so i can add another cameras/accessories i will have.