QHYCCD

PoleMaster mac version

lzr

PoleMaster mac version
« on: April 27, 2016, 11:58:20 pm »
Hi

Does anyone interested in PoleMaster on Mac?Here it is...

Update date:2016-10-11 (it seems V1.3.2.3 could not working well on retina,we are trying fix the retina screen issue)
replace the libusb library by old version.(thanks Kok Chen's help)
http://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/PoleMaster/PoleMaster(Mac)V1.3.2.3.zip

Update date:init version
http://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/PoleMaster/PoleMaster_mac_beta.zip

There is a little different from windows version.

tips:
1.you need plugin usb cable before run the PoleMaster software.

2.click connect will take a few seconds when the first time you plugin the camera and run PoleMaster software.

3.use it as windows version way... http://www.qhyccd.com/ManualPoleMaster.html

you can report the log to help us find the software bug...how to find log files?
Application->PoleMaster->show contents->Contents->MacOS->log folder

Thanks a lot.

Regards!
Lee(lzr@qhyccd.com)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:41:47 pm by lzr »

Re: PoleMaster mac version
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 10:35:34 pm »
Thank you very much for your work producing this! I Installed the software, and the first time connecting the PoleMaster the program crashed, but once I opened a second time and tried connecting it worked fine. I will test it properly as soon as I get some clear skies.
Thank you very much!

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 03:08:38 pm »
Great job! The program hung once for the first start when close button was clicked. All the next attempts were successful.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:22:10 pm by Konstantin »

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 06:24:25 pm »
Thank you so much for making a Mac version of the PoleMaster software! I can't wait to install it and would be very happy to help beta test it for you.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 01:04:16 am »
Mac v1.3.1 is very unstable on my system. It crashes too often to do a full test. I have made a video of four of the crashes. It's only a few minutes long:

https://youtu.be/iw_YEcXiydQ

My system:
13" Retina MacbookPro (Mid-2014)
 Model Name:   MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:   MacBookPro11,1
  Processor Name:   Intel Core i5
  Processor Speed:   2.8 GHz
  Number of Processors:   1
  Total Number of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache (per Core):   256 KB
  L3 Cache:   3 MB
  Memory:   16 GB

OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 (15F34)

I am happy to send log files if someone can specify which ones are needed. There are many. By the way, there is no log folder in the path that was given in the original post.

I would LOVE to have the PoleMaster app running natively on my Mac, so I am eager to help out. :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:14:57 am by Starship »

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 10:42:57 am »
I had no issues on a Mid-2012 Quad Core i7 non-Retina MacBook Pro running El Capitan.

I'd be curious to know if other Retina MBP users are experiencing these issues, and whether or not non-Retina MBP users are seeing the same behavior.

I had the initial crash the first time I ran it, but it re-opened successfully and has run without issue each time since.

If you don't find anything in the log location, you can also check the console for entries. 

For the benefit of those who may not be familiar with "the Console," type Console in your Spotlight search box, then search for Polemaster in the console log.  You should be able to copy/paste everything into text file.  Some entries may have attachments that require an additional step to save them.

-Steve

Mac v1.3.1 is very unstable on my system. It crashes too often to do a full test. I have made a video of four of the crashes. It's only a few minutes long:

My system:

I am happy to send log files if someone can specify which ones are needed. There are many. By the way, there is no log folder in the path that was given in the original post.

I would LOVE to have the PoleMaster app running natively on my Mac, so I am eager to help out. :)

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 08:28:57 am »
Hello all,
Just received my PoleMaster yesterday. Looks and feels sturdy for my mount.
Installed and ran this software multiple times, and results vary. Attached is one crash file.
This looks promising, and looking forward to using it.
I can provide additional information if required, just send me a note.

Please note, remove ".txt" from the attached file extension name to view.

drew

I had no issues on a Mid-2012 Quad Core i7 non-Retina MacBook Pro running El Capitan.

I'd be curious to know if other Retina MBP users are experiencing these issues, and whether or not non-Retina MBP users are seeing the same behavior.

I had the initial crash the first time I ran it, but it re-opened successfully and has run without issue each time since.

If you don't find anything in the log location, you can also check the console for entries. 

For the benefit of those who may not be familiar with "the Console," type Console in your Spotlight search box, then search for Polemaster in the console log.  You should be able to copy/paste everything into text file.  Some entries may have attachments that require an additional step to save them.

-Steve

My system:

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 11:04:13 pm »
A million thank you's for making a Mac version.  I currently have to run Bootcamp just for the Windows software.  So far I have no issues to report on OS X 10.11.5 on a 2015 rMBP.  I hope you continue to dedicate resources to the software and the Mac platform as a whole.

mjp

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 05:51:48 pm »

My system:

Mac version is basically useless for me as well on a similar system but with Mavericks. Crashes every 10 seconds or so. Are there OS requirements? I have not updated due to El Capitan incompatibility with other software.

smk

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 03:59:35 pm »
I tried mine one two macs. It works on one, doesn't work on the other (crashes when asked to rotate the red blobs).

Here is where things work:
MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2011)
1.8 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
Mac OS X 10.11.5 (El Capitan)

Here is where things do NOT work:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OS X 10.11.5 (El Capitan)

The funny thing is that the fancy machine (MacBook Pro) doesn't work, and the little Air can do it. Pole master is fantastic, 5 minutes (at most) and you are done, no need for drift alignment (which I couldn't do with no access to east/west horizons).

jhy

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 12:36:41 pm »
I tried 3 Mac laptops of various age and 2 virtual machines running Windows (running on a Mac).

Promising enough to try at night:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), El Capitan 10.11.5

Useless:
MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), El Capitan 10.11.5

Useless:
MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008), MacOS X 10.8.5
MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008), El Capitan 10.11.5

Software runs, but no camera image:
Windows 7 virtual machine running on MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), El Capitan 10.11.5
Windows 10 virtual machinr running on MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), El Capitan 10.11.5

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), El Capitan 10.11.5, tested at night, can access the camera image, can set the size, can set the gain, can double click on Polaris, but it crashes while rotating the template. Also, the template doesn't match the star positions (too small) after size change. At 100% Polaris is in the lower right corner. The software is unusable at present on this laptop, but this is the one I need it to run on eventually.

Installed 2 Windows VMs (running Windows 7 and Windows 10 using VirtualBox), and Windows 132beta functions work, but there is no camera image :(  The device is visible to Windows on both systems, but PoleMaster apparently can't communicate with it. Connect tab can be clicked but produces an error that live view won't start. The application can hang (won't quit), and then the VM requires forced shutdown.

Tried an old system: MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008), MacOS X 10.8.5, PoleMaster won't start at all. Same machine after installing El Capitan 10.11.5, camera image appears, but PoleMaster quits when click "finished" even without changing gain. It can also quit after connecting if you click on any other tab. That is, the older system running the same OS behaves worse than the newer one.

Apparently you need a Goldilocks Mac -- not too new, not too old.

It works much better on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), El Capitan 10.11.5. It crashed once using the rotate slider but not another time, and it appears to have gotten far enough to try at night with real instead of imagined stars.

Update: I was able to use the software to align the scope last night using a borrowed computer (the 2012 MacBook Pro). It did quit on me once, but was much more stable and I completed the procedure quickly. I love the concept.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 08:45:36 am by jhy »

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 08:48:42 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your testing.
Yes, this mac Beta version does have the crashed issue.  And we were trying to find the reason and fix it.

best regards.

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 04:35:08 pm »
Thanks so much for your work on this. I am very interested in getting the PoleMaster but want to make sure it will work with my computer (MacBook Pro 15" Late 2009, running latest OS X). Do you have a release date for the non-beta version of the Mac driver/software?

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 01:28:38 am »
Hello thanks again for making the program. It works on my computer Macbook Pro Yosemite 10.10.5, but crashes every 30 seconds or so. Sometimes it runs for minutes, sometimes for seconds.. I was wondering if an updated version is planned for any time soon?

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 09:16:52 pm »
Thanks for the software. I just got myself a pole master because the Mac version finally available. But seem it is not updating since Apr16. I am very frustrated about the development of the mac software ended there, are there any update version coming soon ?