QHYCCD

CCD-Labs QGuide - ASCOM & WDM drivers?

CCD-Labs QGuide - ASCOM & WDM drivers?
« on: August 04, 2013, 04:30:26 pm »
Hi,

I recently acquired a CCD-Labs branded Q-Guide camera, which I understand is basically a rebadged QHY5. After much searching I found some old drivers that work with PHD and a beta version of QGVideo on my Win8-32bit laptop but what I would really like is some working ASCOM and WDM drivers so that I can use a wider variety of capture software.

Do I need to go through the process of reflashing the VID & PID to the QHY5 values and use the most recent drivers off this site? (and do I really still need a WinXP machine or are there ways to do this on a more modern box?)

Or are there ASCOM & WDM drivers that will work with the camera in its current Q-Guide setup? I've tried simply installing the QHY5 drivers without reflashing but get the "semaphore" error message when I start capturing via ASCOM. Would reflashing fix this?

For reference, the current values are VID=1781 PID=0C7D.

Many thanks for any advice!

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: CCD-Labs QGuide - ASCOM & WDM drivers?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 03:27:46 pm »
Hello,
         If you have installed older driver. There is some problem after you install the new driver. There is some old driver can not be delete by automaticly.

If you have not install the old driver. I think there is no problem to install the new driver.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun